Starting with 2020, the ATP circuit will have an exciting new tournament, which will start at the beginning of the year. It’s called the “ATP Cup”, a Davis Cup-like competition, with prizes totalling $ 15 million USD.
The first edition of the ATP Cup will take place from January 3 to 12, 2020, in Australia. Brisbane, Perth and Sydney will host the matches. It was an interesting move from ATP, which created a really powerful tournament, the perfect warmup for the Australian Open.
ATP Cup 2020 Format
The tournament will kickoff with a group format. There will be 6 groups (from A to F), consisting of 4 teams each. 24 countries will participate in the tournament, each team having 3 players, in order of the ATP ranking of each player.
Obviously, the main favorites are Serbia, Spain, Germany, Greece, Russia and Austria. Of these countries, Greece has the lowest chances, being represented by only one valuable player (Stefanos Tsitsipas). A great absence will be the team of Switzerland, which would have been led by Roger Federer.
ATP Cup 2020 TV Stations and Live Stream
Being an important tournament, the ATP Cup will be broadcast by the vast majority of the stations that have a TV contract with ATP. Even if there is no official list of TV stations, we can list: Sky Sports, Sky Germany, Nine Network (Australia), DigiSport and others. We will update the list when all TV channels will be officially announced.
For live streaming, the only guaranteed option is TennisTV. It is possible that bet365 will broadcast live ATP Cup 2020, when there is a confirmation we will update the information.
ATP Cup 2020 Prize Money and Point Distribution
At this moment, only the total value of the prizes is known – $ 15 million USD. This money will be divided between 72 players. ATP points will be allocated based on the number of matches won. For example, if a player wins all single matches, he can collect 750 points. For comparison, a Masters title brings 1000 points, and an ATP500 title, 500 points. Click here to learn more about prize money and points distribution.
List of live matches from ATP Cup:
- Steve Darcis vs Alexander Cozbinov Live Streaming
- David Goffin vs Radu Albot Live Streaming
- Cameron Norrie vs Dimitar Kuzmanov Live Streaming
- Daniel Evans vs Grigor Dimitrov Live Streaming
- Taylor Fritz vs Viktor Durasovic Live Streaming
- John Isner vs Casper Ruud Live Streaming
- Karen Khachanov vs Stefano Travaglia Live Streaming
- Daniil Medvedev vs Fabio Fognini Live Streaming
- Michail Pervolarakis vs Felix Auger-Aliassime Live Streaming
- Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Denis Shapovalov Live Streaming
- Jan-Lennard Struff vs Nick Kyrgios Live Streaming
- Alexander Zverev vs Alex DeMinaur Live Streaming